The Best Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
What you’ll need to get started:
1 cup no-stir creamy peanut butter
1 bag of vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon of non-GMO oil
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of sea salt
Mini-cupcake pan or silicone cups
Mini-cupcake paper liners (non-bleached and not dyed, if available)
1. Using a double-broiler, begin adding and melting the chocolate chips and oil over low-heat. Continue stirring until all of the chunks have been liquified.
*If you do not have a glass bowl or pot available to make a double broiler, you can microwave the chocolate and oil, but be sure to set the time at 1 minute to begin then stir then set for 30-45 seconds in between each stir to avoid burning the chocolate.
2. While the chocolate is melting, place paper liners in mini-cupcake pan or silicone cups and place on a baking sheet that will fit in the fridge.
3. Next either begin making the peanut butter center mixture (step 4), or if the chocolate is thoroughly melted, you can begin filling the paper liners with just enough chocolate to cover the sides and bottom.
Each mini-cup should use about 1/2 teaspoon of melted chocolate. Use the spoon to move the chocolate around to cover the sides. More chocolate is better than less.
4. Place the cups in the fridge to cool completely before adding the peanut butter mixture.
5. Mix the peanut butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla together. Taste and adjust the recipe to your likes.
If you have time, as the chocolate cups are not quite cool yet, you can start making balls of peanut butter mixture to place in the chocolate coated cups. Make the balls small enough to ensure there will be room to add chocolate to the sides and top, but the balls should be large enough to create the perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter.
6. When the mini-cups are filled with chocolate and peanut butter, use the remaining chocolate to fill the cups.
7. Chill peanut butter cups in fridge until completely cool.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, but don’t forget to share! These are sure to impress any guy or gal!